UI / UX DesignerSINGAPORE
RightShip’s mission is to improve the safety and environmental sustainability of the maritime industry.
We serve our customers through a combination of our bespoke IT tools and analytics as well as our considerable experience in providing vetting and due diligence services to the maritime supply chain since 2001.
We bring together years of industry expertise with the output from analytics and large data sets to provide our safety and environmental scoring systems, recommendations and consultancy services. Using leading data and technology, we aim to set new benchmarks in environmental protection. We support global initiatives and action influencing practical and impactful change, enabling “win-win” for business and the environment.
RightShip has offices to cover all the time zones in Melbourne, London, Houston and Singapore, where we recently added a senior customer engagement team and product/innovation hub to better serve our customers and stakeholders.
Values and benefits
We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation who are constantly working to ensure ships are safe as possible so that crew and cargo are protected. We are passionate about maritime efficiency, safety and sustainability practices.
We offer generous rewards. Our base salary is competitive, we support employee wellbeing and provide our employees with a Healthy Living Allowance and our annual incentive scheme is awesome.
We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way and we are committed to professional development to make sure your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
The UI/UX Designer will be central in driving the designs to support RightShip’s current
rapid growth. You will be key to translating our ideas and research findings into tangible
product features and taking a project from its initial scoping requirements through actual
design, development and testing.
You will be working with a multi-cultural, multi-disciplined team in a fast-paced, dynamic,
agile environment and collaborating closely with other designers, engineers and clients
from various parts of the world to take products from concept to delivery, while ensuring
that our products are constantly effective, competitive and delivering high-level customer
- Use research and data insights to help shape or inform design decisions
- Create clean, effective user-centered designs through consideration of market research, business requirements and customer usability
- Translate business requirements into use cases and high-level customer experience requirements
- Turn around rigorous wireframes and visual mockups, as well as build interactive prototypes to test ideas and communicate them internally and externally
- Design the UI architecture, interface and interaction flow of new web and mobile applications
- Plan and participate in ongoing usability testing and assessment
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specification
- Ensure all versions of project UX/UI documents are complete, current, and stored/
- Manage all UI/UX designs components to ensure designs are delivered within project
- Collaborate with development teams to create and implement a cohesive visual
language across design projects
- Experience working with design systems and libraries
- Develop and maintain strong professional and collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Comfortably communicate design rationale to stakeholders to achieve alignment and shared understanding
- Work closely with delivery teams to ensure UX is a core part of our delivery
- Work closely with management in key strategic planning to support the company’s growth while collaborating with other functions to identify areas of possible growth and monetization opportunities
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in UX and UI design
- Excellent understanding of user experience design for the Web and mobile devices
- Keen eye and capacity for creating highly usable designs and layouts and a propensity towards simplification
- Experience with Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, or other design tools
- Ability to prototype and demonstrate design concepts to extended stakeholders
- Open-mindedness and constantly looks to push the boundaries of the design
- Previous experience in a technology-based company or in growing businesses in emerging markets
- Proficiency with web standards and accessibility compliance
- Preference for candidates that possess a good balance of UX and UI design skills and cover both roles, with good oversight of product.
- Analytical Motivating & inspiring
- Attention to detail Project management
- Collaborates Quality assurance
- Communication & listening Solving problems & making decisions
- Continuous improvement Stakeholder engagement
- Customer focussed Supportive
- Driving performance Strategic thinking
- Embracing technology Taking initiative
- Emotional Intelligence Time management
- Flexible; able to work in an ambiguous environment
- Able to multi-task
- Working Relationships
- Title Purpose of contact
- CPO Line Manager
- RightShip Senior Management Team ManagersRightShip Employees Colleagues/ Direct reports
- Suppliers & partners Working relationship
- Customers Contact
- Industry stakeholders Contact