RightShip’s mission is to improve the safety and environmental sustainability of the maritime industry.
We serve our customers through a combination of our bespoke IT tools and analytics as well as our considerable experience in providing vetting and due diligence services to the maritime supply chain since 2001.
We bring together years of industry expertise with the output from analytics and large data sets to provide our safety and environmental scoring systems, recommendations and consultancy services. Using leading data and technology, we aim to set new benchmarks in environmental protection. We support global initiatives and action influencing practical and impactful change, enabling “win-win” for business and the environment.
RightShip has offices to cover all the time zones in Melbourne, London, Houston and Singapore, where we recently added a senior customer engagement team and product/innovation hub to better serve our customers and stakeholders.
Values and benefits
We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation who are constantly working to ensure ships are safe as possible so that crew and cargo are protected. We are passionate about maritime efficiency, safety and sustainability practices.
We offer generous rewards. Our base salary is competitive, we support employee wellbeing and provide our employees with a Healthy Living Allowance and our annual incentive scheme is awesome.
We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way and we are committed to professional development to make sure your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
The QA Engineer will be part of a team responsible for RightShip’s internal quality control. Working independently from the external quality assurance team, the QA Engineer will take a proactive role in testing existing and new software solutions through manual testing, assessing the need for automated testing, and building automated tests as required. Additionally, they will take ownership of building any necessary software and quality assurance related documentation and be involved in acceptance testing before software releases.
- Work with the product team to understand requirements to define and design internal test plans and acceptance criteria for the external quality assurance team
- Work independently from the external quality assurance team while at the same time keeping close communication to ensure optimal support
- Learn the software and work closely with different departments to understand processes and ways of enhancing such processes, together with the product team while ensuring optimal software quality
- Suggest solutions to identified problems
- Execute internal test plan to ensure projects are tested thoroughly
- Create automation test script (if deemed necessary) for test cases and proactively test applications
- Report and track defects to the external quality assurance team
- Conduct functional testing, systems integration testing, regression testing, load testing, performance testing, security testing, acceptance testing, and end-to-end testing of the software
- Prepare reports and metrics to the product team and management
- Contribute to continuous improvement and proactively support knowledge sharing across the product delivery team
- Develop and maintain strong professional and collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with delivery teams to ensure quality assurance is a core part of our delivery
- Provide technical support across the company by attending to queries from clients and employees
What does Success Look Like?
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in computer science, software engineering, information technology or related fields or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrable experience as a QA Engineer/Tester
- Demonstrable experience in testing web applications
- Experience performing testing on web applications and Backend API to ensure that product meets requirements
- An understanding of software quality assurance, including best practices, processes and all kinds of testing
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of testing frameworks (e.g. Cucumber)
- Knowledge of BDD concepts
- Knowledge of automation testing tools (e.g. Selenium)
RightShip is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion in our workplace. You must have the right to live and work in Singapore to apply for this role.