RightShip’s mission is to improve the safety and environmental sustainability of the maritime industry.
We serve our customers through a combination of our bespoke IT tools and analytics as well as our considerable experience in providing vetting and due diligence services to the maritime supply chain since 2001.
We bring together years of industry expertise with the output from analytics and large data sets to provide our safety and environmental scoring systems, recommendations and consultancy services. Using leading data and technology, we aim to set new benchmarks in environmental protection. We support global initiatives and action influencing practical and impactful change, enabling “win-win” for business and the environment.
RightShip has offices to cover all the time zones in Melbourne, London, Houston and Singapore, where we recently added a senior customer engagement team and product/innovation hub to better serve our customers and stakeholders.
Values and benefits
We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation who are constantly working to ensure ships are safe as possible so that crew and cargo are protected. We are passionate about maritime efficiency, safety and sustainability practices.
We offer generous rewards. Our base salary is competitive, we support employee wellbeing and provide our employees with a Healthy Living Allowance and our annual incentive scheme is awesome.
We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way and we are committed to professional development to make sure your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
The QA Engineer will take ownership for the firm’s quality control. This will include managing the quality aspects of new software, developing and managing existing test plans, and building automation frameworks with a focus on continuous improvement/continuous development and release management.
- Work with product team to understand requirements, define and test strategy, design comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Document test strategy, test plans, and detailed test scenarios
- Suggest solutions to identified problems
- Execute test plan to ensure projects under your charge are tested thoroughly
- Create automation test script for the test cases and manually test application for which automation is not available yet
- Report and track defects as well as sign off on releases
- Conduct functional testing, systems integration testing, regression testing, load testing, performance testing, security testing, UAT, and end-to-end testing of new application releases and change requests
- Plan, create and manage the overall quality assurance strategy
- Oversee continuous QA improvement projects
- Identify key KPIs for product quality
- Prepare reports and metrics to management
- Develop and maintain strong professional and collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with delivery teams to ensure QA is a core part of our delivery
- Contribute to continuous improvement and proactively support knowledge sharing across the product delivery team
- Providing technical support across the company by attending to queries from clients and employees
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualified in computer science, software engineering, information technology or related fields or equivalent work experience
- 2 years of experience as QA Engineer/Tester
- 2 years of experience in testing web applications
- Perform testing on web applications and Backend API to ensure that product meets requirements
- Understanding on software QA, including best practices, processes and all kinds of testing
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Knowledge on BDD concept
- Knowledge on automation testing tool (Selenium and Robot Framework)
- Analytical Motivating & inspiring
- Attention to detail Project management
- Collaborates Quality assurance
- Communication & listening Solving problems & making decisions
- Continuous improvement Stakeholder engagement
- Customer focussed Supportive
- Driving performance Taking initiative
- Embracing technology Time management
|Title||Purpose of contact|
RightShip Senior Management
Colleagues / Direct reports
Suppliers & Partners