Head of EMEALONDON
RightShip’s mission is to improve the safety and environmental sustainability of the maritime industry.
We serve our customers through a combination of our bespoke IT tools and analytics as well as our considerable experience in providing vetting and due diligence services to the maritime supply chain since 2001.
We bring together years of industry expertise with the output from analytics and large data sets to provide our safety and environmental scoring systems, recommendations and consultancy services. Using leading data and technology, we aim to set new benchmarks in environmental protection. We support global initiatives and action influencing practical and impactful change, enabling “win-win” for business and the environment.
RightShip has offices to cover all the time zones in Melbourne, London, Houston and Singapore, where we recently added a senior customer engagement team and product/innovation hub to better serve our customers and stakeholders.
To find out more visit RightShip.com.
Values and benefits
We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation who are constantly working to ensure ships are safe as possible so that crew and cargo are protected. We are passionate about maritime efficiency, safety and sustainability practices.
We offer generous rewards. Our base salary is competitive, we support employee wellbeing and provide our employees with a Healthy Living Allowance and our annual incentive scheme is awesome.
We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way and we are committed to professional development to make sure your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Head of EMEA will design, lead and execute global customer and key stakeholder engagement strategies to build strategic relationships and drive growth across the business.
As part of the Executive Team, you will implement and shape new business initiatives to provide growth opportunities, delivering actionable insights to drive customer experience and brand advocacy. This will include maintaining strategic relationships with key accounts and stakeholders, ensuring strategic contacts and key accounts are identified and supported.
You will work closely with the Product and Operations Teams to ensure priority strategic programs are customer-led. You will assist in the design and implementation of existing and new service needs. You will be responsible for securing meetings with the key decision makers with target customers/ organisations and formulating and negotiating the commercial arrangements.
The Head of EMEA is responsible for building a stakeholder engagement capability within an evolving organisation, raising our sales performance and contributing to our wider business success and impact. You will provide strong, proactive leadership to create and maintain a positive business climate that motivates employees
To be successful you will have:
- Shore based employment in a management capacity directly involved with the day to day technical and/or cargo operations of dry bulk and tanker shipping. This could include service as a Terminal Superintendent responsible for loading and discharging ships, Cargo Expeditors and Classification Society Surveyors with demonstrable ship operations knowledge
- Have sat and pass examinations by Quality Assurance Bodies to project an “expert” image when dealing with both internal and external customers
- Beneficial to have sat and passed the Charter Institute of Shipbrokers or Charter Institute of Transport examinations to be effective and knowledgeable when dealing with Traders and Charterers
- Extensive experience in generating new business and achieving revenue growth within the Maritime Industry
- Ability to forge new relationships and credibility quickly and effectively
- A proven ability to develop, manage and engage a high performing team, working across time zones, cultures and borders to effectively lead culturally diverse teams in a global setting
- A personal commitment to improved safety and environmental sustainability of the maritime industry
RightShip is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion in our workplace. You must have the right to live and work in London to apply for this job.