Data QA EngineerSingapore
RightShip is the world’s biggest third party maritime due diligence organisation, providing expertise in global safety, sustainability and social responsibility best practices.
We bring together years of industry expertise with the output from analytics and large data sets to provide our safety and environmental scoring systems, recommendations and consultancy services.
Using leading data and technology, we aim to set new benchmarks in environmental protection. We support global initiatives and action influencing practical and impactful change, enabling “win-win” for business and the environment.
To find out more visit RightShip.com.
Values and benefits
What we offer
We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation who are constantly working to ensure ships are safe as possible so that crew and cargo are protected. We are passionate about maritime efficiency, safety and sustainability practices.
We offer generous rewards. Our base salary is competitive, we support employee wellbeing and provide our employees with a Healthy Living Allowance and our annual incentive scheme is awesome. We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us. We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way and we are committed to professional development to make sure your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
You will be involved in the monitoring, testing, and maintenance of the data pipelines that underpin our data platforms to ensure our data can be used to inform key decisions and deliver value to RightShip and our customers.
- Perform daily quality checks to ensure accurate, complete, reliable, relevant, and timely data.
- Map source to target data.
- Work with various units to resolve data exceptions.
- Create best practices to identify, address, and resolve data issues in a timely manner.
- Communicate across teams and departments to promote transparency of data mapping and issues identified through the process.
- Collaborate on projects to backfill data and improve data quality working closely with database team.
- Participate in the build out automation to assess treaty compliance as data is received.
- Write complex SQL queries using joins, grouping, aggregation, nested subqueries, etc. to assist in management requests.
- Participate in the development of automated reconciliation frameworks and proactively identify and add data reconciliation validation in such frameworks.
- Build strong relationships with the business in order to achieve a holistic approach to data quality management
- Monitor, maintain and respond to any quality issues with integrations between data providers and RightShip's core data platform
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- Tertiary qualified in computer science, software engineering, information technology or related fields or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrable experience as QA Engineer/Tester
- Experience with Maritime datasets highly preferable
- Experience performing testing on web applications and Backend API to ensure that product meets requirements
- Understanding on software QA, including best practices, processes, and all kinds of testing
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Prior experience using PowerBI an advantage
- Knowledge on BDD concept
- Knowledge of at least one programming language preferred. Relevant languages include: VBA, R, Python, C#
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure Data Stack e.g. Azure Data Factory and Data Lake
- Advanced skills in SQL and NoSQL databases, methods of data analysis, and reporting
- Expert in Excel and other Microsoft products including Access
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision
- Proficient in data extraction, manipulation and presentation
RightShip is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion in our workplace. You must have the right to live and work in Singapore to apply for this job.