RightShip is the world’s biggest third party maritime due diligence organisation, providing expertise in global safety, sustainability and social responsibility best practices.
We bring together years of industry expertise with the output from analytics and large data sets to provide our safety and environmental scoring systems, recommendations and consultancy services.
Using leading data and technology, we aim to set new benchmarks in environmental protection. We support global initiatives and action influencing practical and impactful change, enabling “win-win” for business and the environment.
To find out more visit RightShip.com.
Values and benefits
What we offer
We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation who are constantly working to ensure ships are safe as possible so that crew and cargo are protected. We are passionate about maritime efficiency, safety and sustainability practices.
We offer generous rewards. Our base salary is competitive, we support employee wellbeing and provide our employees with a Healthy Living Allowance and our annual incentive scheme is awesome. We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us. We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way and we are committed to professional development to make sure your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
As leading maritime safety and environmental experts, RightShip has an ambitious vision to expand its influence in safety, sustainability and crew welfare using the best new innovation, digitalization and data-focused solutions.
We are seeking an experienced and competent Commercial Analyst who will work closely with the management team to provide business support to drive strategic planning and business performance. In this role, you will define, develop and track key performance indicators and be responsible for business reporting and presentations to Management. You will also partner closely with the Commercial team to support their business needs by gathering, synthesizing and analysing data from various sources and translating it into meaningful insights to support decision-making. You will also play a critical role in evaluating the key business drivers, risks, opportunities and ROI. This role reports to the Chief Commercial Officer.
- Define and develop key metrics, reports and dashboards that will be used to provide a holistic view of the Company’s business performance
- Measure and track key performance indicators and provide critical insights to advance RightShip’s commercial strategy
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses and perform environmental scanning to support decision making and drive business growth
- Deep dive into business performance and support the Commercial teams to derive meaningful insights from the data and translate it into strategic opportunities
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand their business needs and requirements
- Implement sales processes with the Commercial team, including adoption of CRM tools.
- Play a key supporting role in strategic business planning, forecasting and budgeting
- Responsible for regular and ad hoc business reporting, presentations and data analytics to Management
- Conduct industry research and monitor market trends to identify new growth or emerging opportunities
- Identify underlying causes of cost and revenue variances and highlight issues and impact
- Drive continuous improvement in business reporting through leveraging technology, business process re-design and champion the use of business analytics tools
- Undertake special projects as assigned
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- Masters/MBA qualification, with a background in Accounting, Business, Data Analytics, Information Systems or other relevant disciplines.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in Financial Planning & Analysis. Commercial experience (Sales/Marketing) would be advantageous.
- Proficient in business intelligence, reporting and data analytics
- Able to synthesize data and generate reports in a concise and user-friendly format
- Strong business acumen
- Advanced user of MS Excel, Powerpoint, Salesforce and Power BI
- Prior experience in SaaS environment advantageous
- Highly analytical, meticulous, proactive and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Able to manage timelines and prioritise tasks
- Experience in data modelling and data visualisation advantageous
RightShip is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion in our workplace. You must have the right to live and work in Singapore to apply for this role.