Business Development Manager - APAC RegionSINGAPORE
RightShip’s mission is to improve the safety and environmental sustainability of the maritime industry.
We serve our customers through a combination of our bespoke IT tools and analytics as well as our considerable experience in providing vetting and due diligence services to the maritime supply chain since 2001.
We bring together years of industry expertise with the output from analytics and large data sets to provide our safety and environmental scoring systems, recommendations and consultancy services. Using leading data and technology, we aim to set new benchmarks in environmental protection. We support global initiatives and action influencing practical and impactful change, enabling “win-win” for business and the environment.
RightShip has offices to cover all the time zones in Melbourne, London, Houston and Singapore, where we recently added a senior customer engagement team and product/innovation hub to better serve our customers and stakeholders.
Values and benefits
We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation who are constantly working to ensure ships are safe as possible so that crew and cargo are protected. We are passionate about maritime efficiency, safety and sustainability practices.
We offer generous rewards. Our base salary is competitive, we support employee wellbeing and provide our employees with a Healthy Living Allowance and our annual incentive scheme is awesome.
We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way and we are committed to professional development to make sure your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
As world-recognised maritime safety and environmental experts, RightShip have an exciting vision to influence expand its market share and our influence safety, environmental and social outcomes through a comprehensive range of new product offerings and solutions.
Working closely with the Regional Head, the Business Development Manager, APAC will implement new business initiatives within large accounts and identify new sales and customer growth opportunities in the APAC region.
You will work closely with the Product Team to ensure a competitive and compelling service and product offering. You will be responsible for setting up meetings with prospective customers and formulating commercial arrangements.
The Business Development Manager, APAC is responsible for raising our profile as a provider of choice, lifting sales performance and contributing to the wider business success across the APAC region.
- Identify priority growth areas and help develop and implement business development plans
- Identify market opportunities and work with Regional Head to develop and sell products and services
- Set short and medium-term business objectives with the Regional Head and be responsible for the implementation and attainment of the agreed plan
- Build out commercial business cases to support growth initiatives including end to end strategies which will drive sales, promotional activity, financial analysis & reporting
- Use appropriate systems and tools to deliver all required reports to support decision making
- Act as the first point of contact a new potential client when they are seeking information on the products and services that RightShip provides
- Researching organisations and individuals to find new opportunities
- Driving the growth of the business in customer numbers and revenue, ROI, productivity and efficiency targets
- Customer identification and acquisition activities in the region including the development of customer segments in line with business plan (e.g. Finance & Insurance Customers) and determining / evaluating new markets and entry options
- Driving customer satisfaction by ensuring appropriate handovers of customers between departments like sales, client management, issue escalation and resolution
- Interact with prospective consumers to relay the product’s value and benefits while gathering direct feedback
- Develop, implement and maintain customer relationship strategy and plan
- Communicate RightShip’s new business strategy to customers and other key stakeholders
- Monitor changes to key personnel in customer organisations, to take appropriate action including advising relevant managers
- Manage the transition of a customer from solution proposition to operational execution by liaising with and maintaining strong relations Operational Managers
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- Extensive experience in generating new business and achieving revenue growth, preferably within the Maritime Industry and/or software sales
- Experience in new business and scale up operations
- Ability to forge new relationships and credibility quickly and effectively
- Experience creating brand awareness and identifying branding activities
- Strong business acumen, with a penchant for data and insights to support innovation
- Ability to conduct negotiations, influence and interact across all levels in an organisation
- Excellent written, oral, presentation, interpersonal and team skills. Proficiency in Mandarin is advantageous to liaise with Chinese counterparts
- A personal commitment to improved safety and environmental sustainability of the maritime industry
- Analytical Collaborates
- Attention to detail Communication & listening
- Continuous improvement Customer focussed
- Embracing technology Emotional Intelligence
- Trusted advisor Flexible
- Quality assurance Honest
- Solving problems & making decisions Self-motivated
- Stakeholder engagement Teamwork
- Time management Taking initiative
|Title||Purpose of contact|
|RightShip Regional Head||Line Manager|
|Suppliers & Partners||Contact|
|Industry Stakeholders||Working Relationship|